www.holidaysandcash.com/lcp1/fosters

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Slow Path to Break-even

I am definitely returning though slowly. I had recouped some of my losses and gradually returning to original amount. The account is now down by just 4% and I am giving myself a big back-pat for that (who will if I don't do it myself).

Part of the adjustment I made had to do with my money management. I decided on a specific volume for each pair and stuck to it irrespective of the stop loss. Formerly I was using my capital and stop loss to determine my trade volume but it was costing me more losses despite good gains. A loss could amount to 100 pips for -$50 while a gain of 200 pips is only +$30. So with the new method, my gain or loss is the same and any trade with more than 150 - 200 pips loss is simply not for me.

I also take more trades now with more strategies both original and adopted (in fact I was surprised to see an improved version of the strategy I was trying to develop lately LIVE on a forum with very high positive rating!! Of course I quickly adopted it and started using it immediately)

I am willing to lose, willing to learn and determined to become a very successful forex trader. The retreat bridge had been burnt.....

1 comment:

9jafan said...

Do you know a man that's diligent in his nusiness? He would stand before great people and not lowly men!

Keep on keeping on, in time, the rewards would come.

Avenues to Wealth on Facebook